YALLINGUP was the worst hit area in the region following the second storm to strike the South West in three days.
Over 1000 Yallingup residents were left without power, which was the second most affected area in the state after Wangara.
Ben Gardiner from the Busselton State Emergency Service said the storm had blown over without too much drama.
“There were more trees and branches down last night, but we didn’t have too many reports of damage coming through.
“It turned out to be a lot quieter than what we expected it to be.
“We’re still mopping up from Sunday, but it looks like we will be winding up this afternoon.”
Cape Naturaliste and Cape Leeuwin were amongst the locations that recorded the highest wind speeds during the night.
Wind speeds at Cape Naturaliste reached 109kmh just after 10pm last night and Cape Leeuwin reached speeds of 113kmh just before 11pm.
The State Government will double the assistance available to customers who have been without power for more than 48 hours due to the recent storms.
Energy Minister Peter Collier said currently under the Extended Outage Payment Scheme (EOPS), customers affected by power interruptions lasting 12 continuous hours or more were eligible for an $80 payment.
Following Tuesday’s announcement, customers who had been without power for more than 48 hours due to Sunday’s storm would be eligible for a payment of $160.