Care for our Guests while they connect with their community and spend a day socialising and supported by our talented team of Care Workers
Social Club Care Worker - what's involved in the role?
About Hammondcare Social Clubs
Hammond Care’s Social clubs provide a social environment where Older people can take a break from their home environment, connect with their community and spend a day socialising while being supported by our talented team of Community Care Workers.
- This opportunity delivers care within our Social Cottage's in Manly, Mona Vale, North Turramurra and Berowra
- Available shifts between Monday to Wednesdays to begin with across 8:30am to 4:30pm..
- Our Care Workers provide care in the Social Club that offers socialisation and supervision, according to each client’s care plan
- The Cottage provides organised activities and events for Clients to enjoy, including social outings and excursions for People living with dementia
- In some cases, you’ll have an opportunity to go offsite and provide care and supervision for our Clients, and this would mean having the capacity to drive a 12-Seater Bus (if available)
What do you need to apply?
- No formal qualification is necessary, however, Certificate III Individual Support is an advantage.
- First Aid certificate desirable
- Empathy and compassion are a must-haves. We can train you how to do the job, as long as you have the willingness and desire to do so.
- Good administrative skills and computer literacy skills, including the usage of a smartphone
- A strong team player, confident communication skills specifically to able to communicate changes in care, completion of all documentation, while maintaining the confidentiality
- Supportive arrangements during the pandemic, including COVID-19 Special Leave if required to isolate, additional paid screening time each shift and full supply of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Career progression with opportunities to progress through to management level
- First Aid Training and Certification provided
- Paid Bonus Schemes I.e. Refer a Friend
HammondCare At Home has a relationship-based approach to care, and our team members take the time to fully understand the individual needs of every person we care for. Our team have regular clients and get to know the person and their family so that our clients won’t feel like there is a stranger supporting them.
If you are ready to make a difference with HammondCare, Apply Now!
For any specific queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, a pre-employment functional assessment, references, and must be willing to obtain COVID-19 and influenza vaccination.
Our Talent Acquisition Team kindly requests no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. HammondCare is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.