Your new company
You'll be working with a global professional managed IT services provider, specialising in various technical areas across the IT industry. Currently in Canberra, the business works closely with a range of businesses and Government Departments.
Your new role
The Field Engineer works in a highly directed environment. Assignments will include repair activities such as replaceable unit swapping, image loading, and unit testing Performs other non-troubleshooting duties. Direction may be provided by script, help desk or service desk in a Next Business Day (NBD) and/or Same Business Day (SBD) service delivery environment.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Private Label Services Support
- Transformation Services calls, installing and servicing PCs, and PC peripherals and/or electronic equipment
- Takes service calls and performs incident specific activities as directed by Help Desk, Service Desk or script
- May perform routine installs, moves, adds and changes as part of a directed team, including:
- Complex desktop and laptop break fix work
- Whole unit replacement
- Simple desktop printer fixes
- Load software with a script
- Performs scripted image loading, unit diagnostics and replaceable unit swapping
- Perform troubleshooting by running basic diagnostics and performs basic module replacement on PCs, servers and peripherals
- Performs preventative maintenance activities on certain products as directed
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanour and dress.
- Ensures customer satisfaction throughout
- Ensures client specific Service Level Agreements are met and incident and request tickets are updated accordingly within the ticketing system
- May provide Smart hands support using augmented reality
- Maintaining stocks/ inventory at client’s site (if applicable)
What you'll need to succeed
A strong and solid interest in and passion for IT is required. Experience within a similar IT position is highly desirable, along with the below qualifications:
- High school degree required
- Minimum 1-2 Years of hands-on experience with laptop and desktop break-fix
- Computer-building background experience preferred
- A+ certification a plus
- Specific Manufacturer certification and/or training as required., i.e. EMC, Dell, Cisco, Microsoft. COMPTIA, and NETWORKPLUS
- General knowledge of desktop hardware and software including basic knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Basic mechanical skills and understanding of electrostatic discharge (ESD) procedures
- Training and/or vendor certifications as required including completion of Core Training
- Ability to resolve basic / non-complex problems as directed
- Client and/or governmental clearance may be required
- Microsoft Certified Professional Certification is an added advantage. Police or criminal background verification clearance may be required
Due to the nature of this role, it is an inherent requirement that you are able to obtain and maintain a Baseline AGSVA Security Clearance.
What you'll get in return
- Work with a world recognised IT service and closely support a large Federal Government Department!
- Gain a Baseline security clearance!
- Progression opportunities!
- Immediate start available!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Riley.Kelly@hays.com.au, or call Riley Kelly now on 02 6279 7468. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Riley for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2652962