Our client, a Government Commission is seeking a suitably qualified Middleware Developer to assist their Applications and Integration Team with various projects. The engagement term for this contract will be 6 months with an option to extend a further 6 months.
As a Middleware Developer you will make an important contribution to the team by applying your expert skills. These skills will include:
- Develop solutions cases based on functional requirements and build technical design documents to deliver planned scope for the releases. (Utilising SOA relevant technology).
- Support audit/regulatory processes and procedures and remediate issues swiftly.
- Preparation of application design, development and support of SOA and related applications. Development comprises of configuration, data migration, and integration activities.
- Provide Level 2 & 3 support which also includes addressing data issues and producing ad-hoc reports from the database layer as needed.
- Resolve P1 & P2 production issues in a timely manner by working with both business and incident management teams.
The selection criteria include the qualifications, experience and capabilities required for the role. Your application will be reviewed based on ability to demonstrate, or potential to develop, the capabilities required.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Extensive experience (3-8 years) in Application design and development of Middleware related technologies.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in information technology from a recognised educational/accredited institution is desirable and/ or equivalent substantial relevant work experience (current or previous).
- Substantial industry related experience in financial services / a regulatory environment / corporation / government policy, or in corporate and commercial law.
- Excellent experience with XML, WSDL (Web Service Description Language), and SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol).
- Excellent working knowledge of mainstream messaging systems in particular Java Message Service (JMS).
- Working knowledge of WebLogic Server 10.3.x platform.
- Knowledge of current ESB technologies and exceptional knowledge of one or more mainstream ESB implementations.
- Hands on experience with Oracle’s Fusion Middleware including Oracle Service Bus (OSB) and Oracle SOA Suite.
- Working knowledge of mainstream RDBMS in particular, Oracle DBMS.
- Proven track record of development and support activities.
- Experience in effectively presenting complex information to different target audiences through strong business writing skills and verbal communication
- BPEL (Business Process Execution Language), BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation) and business orchestration knowledge will be highly regarded.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) knowledge is desirable.
- Accreditation, certification and/or professional membership with a relevant industry association is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills
- Technical specialist knowledge in internal applications used in middleware such as SOA OSB & BEPL.
- Exposure to ASIC's Registry or Regulatory business functions is beneficial.
- Ability to up-skill any new platforms and increase knowledge through training and on the job experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be accountable for outcomes.
- Ability to work & communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Significant skill in assessing, analysing, and resolving complex client and stakeholder related queries, utilising all relevant sources of information, data, applications and/or databases. Skill in assessing, analysing, and resolving complex client and stakeholder related queries, utilising all relevant sources of information, media and stakeholder channels, data, reporting, systems and/or databases.
Location and Contract Terms
- This opportunity has the flexibility to be based in the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Queensland, or Victoria. This is a 6-month contract, with a 6-month extension option.
- All applicants must be an Australian Citizen and will be required to complete Suitability and Baseline Assessment.
How to apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will be required to complete a selection criterion to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Vicky 1300 944 936 / 0480 002 459 or email email@example.com for further information.
Applications close: Friday 20 May 2022.