About Our Client
Our client is a global business, part of the Automotive industry, with +14,000 employees across 50 countries and 30 manufacturing plants.
They have 13,000 SKUs and most of the products come from their plants in Europe, and some parts from China; they are also ISO certified.
As a small business part of a large group, the culture in Australia is described as a very enjoyable place to work, with a great office atmosphere and a team that is friendly, supportive and fun.
This position will be available from Jul/2022 and will be responsible for leading a team of 3 warehouse supervisors, liaising with freight forwarders, planning the purchase of the parts, managing the inventory levels and raising the POs to the manufacturers overseas.
The Supply Chain lead will also implement processes and procedures in the warehouse utilising best practices in the market.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a logistics/supply chain/inventory professional who is able to demonstrate:
* Experience overseeing supply chain operations, supporting the transformation of the logistics area and bringing initiatives/new ideas
* People leadership experience and ability to influence and help the team with the day-to-day activities and prioritisation
* Previous experience with planning and purchasing, liaising with the sister companies and manufacturers around the world
* Experience with ERP and Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups)
* Forklift license is a nice to have
What's on Offer
A great work-life balance is provided in this position as there is no required work at the weekends