2XM Recruit are a leading National Provider of Recruitment & Labour Hire Services with over 10 years’ experience supplying highly qualified Technical Engineering & Blue-Collar personnel to the Mining, Rail, Engineering & Construction industries across Australia.
What’s on Offer
Our valued client based at Redbank is looking for an experienced Trades Assistant for an immediate start. As this role is within the bogie shop of this rail facility only applicants with current Forklift and Gantry Crane licence and Dogging ticket will be considered .
Primary Duties will be:
- Assist tradespeople with component overhauls and repairs.
- Operate machinery and plant such as gantry crane and forklift as required.
- Use of hand tools such as grinders, drills, etc.
- Perform manual tasks as required, including safe working duties.
- General workshop housekeeping tasks, ensuring a clean and safe work environment Commitment to a Zero Harm workplace that promotes an excellent teamwork attitude.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience within a heavy maintenance workshop or contraction or mining site environment.
- Overhead crane high risk work license. (essential or willing to obtain).
- Forklift licence and license (essential).
- Driver’s license (essential).
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise tasks, be flexible and resourceful, proactive and professional in manner with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to work unsupervised and be a hands-on team player
If you're an experienced Trade Assistant and meet the above criteria looking for an opportunity within the Rail industry Press 'APPLY' or email firstname.lastname@example.org