SWFL, Round 10: Harvey-Brunswick-Leschenault picks up Busselton

The Busselton Magpies will go back to the drawing board following their crushing defeat to Harvey-Brunswick-Leschenault in Round 10.

Up against wintry conditions and the league leaders, Magpie Ethan Bowman comfortably booted the game's first goal.

The Lions then found their footing and claimed a seven-point lead at quarter time. In front by 18 at half time, HBL posted four unanswered majors in the third term. After a bland fourth quarter, the Lions held on to clinch a 8.3 (51) to 1.8 (14) win.

South Bunbury's season went from bad to worse on Saturday afternoon, at Hands Oval.

Kicking one goal in the first term, Augusta-Margaret River then hit the accelerator and booted six in the second. Following a goalless third quarter, the Hawks cruised to a devastating 10.9 (69) to 0.4 (4) victory.

Harry Taylor (three), Braden Smith (two), and Jack Hick (two) once again starred for Augusta-Margaret River.

For the second time in five weeks, the Tigers have posted the lowest score in league history.

The Bulls remain destined to attain this year's Wooden Spoon. Enjoying the home ground advantage, Bunbury booted four unanswered goals against Harvey in the opening term.

Conceding just two points in the first half, the Bulldogs raced out to a 45-point lead at the main break.

Kicking five goals to one in the second half, the Bulldogs stormed home to win 11.18 (84) to 1.5 (11). Randall Hodgson (three) was one of Bunbury's seven goal-scorers in Round 10.

The Collie Eagles moved to eighth after claiming a nine-point win over the Eaton Boomers, at Glen Huon Reserve.

Collie scored the first-three goals of the game before Eaton came back to claim a narrow quarter-time lead.

With Hayden Yarran and Marlon Johns (three goals each) leading the charge, the visitors produced four outstanding goals in the second term.

Trailing by two at the final change, the Eagles then kicked into gear and dominated the fourth quarter. After two rain-soaked hours, the side celebrated a 10.6 (66) to 8.9 (57) victory.

After losing to Collie in Round Nine, Donnybrook returned to the winner's circle with a 32-point win over Carey Park.

Both sides went blow-for-blow in the opening term, before the Dons kicked three goals to one in the second quarter.

Donnybrook returned to its premiership-winning ways after kicking three unanswered goals in the third. The team went on to win 10.10 (70) to 6.2 (38), and remain in finals contention.