SWFL, Round 12: Eaton claims easy win over Busselton

The Eaton Boomers remain in contention following their resounding win over ninth-placed Busselton, at Glen Huon Reserve, in Round 12.

Conceding four goals in the first term, the Magpies fought valiantly to close the gap in the second.

Booting nine unanswered majors in the third, Eaton then extended its lead to 68 by the final change.

Losing to Eaton 17.5 (107) to 7.3 (45), Busselton will go back to the drawing board later this week.

Harvey-Brunswick-Leschenault cruised to victory over the third-placed Augusta-Margaret River Hawks.

Returning to Brunswick Oval on Sunday afternoon, the league leaders aimed to continue their blistering unbeaten run.

With a 17-point buffer at quarter time, the Lions rallied to post four unanswered goals in the second term.

The Hawks kicked one goal in the third quarter, as the home side notched up another four.

Ahead by a whopping 61 at the final change, HBL held on to clinch a resounding 11.10 (76) to 3.4 (22) win.

David Newman (three goals), Jesse Crichton (two), and Kristin Thornton (two) starred for the Lions, once again.

The Eagles nabbed sixth spot on the ladder with a devastating 84-point win over Carey Park.

Enjoying the home ground advantage, Collie gained momentum and booted three unanswered goals in the first half.

The Panthers' first and only goal came in the third term, thanks to an impressive snap kick from Viv Blurton.

Leading by 31 at three quarter time, the Eagles secured an eight-goal haul in a wet and wild fourth quarter.

The Eagles scored their fourth consecutive win by defeating the Panthers, 13.20 (98) to 1.8 (14).

Marlon Johns (two) was one of Collie's ten goal-scorers in Round 12.

Crushed by South Bunbury on Sunday afternoon, the Harvey Bulls' season has gone from bad to worse.

After a tight first quarter, the Tigers kicked four goals before securing an 18-point lead at the main break.

The visitors stormed home to post an 11.10 (76) to 7.6 (48) victory.

Donnybrook notched up a 12.5 (77) to 5.11 (41) win over Bunbury in their explosive Grand Final rematch at VC Mitchell Park.

The Dons leapt off the blocks and posted five unanswered goals in the opening quarter.

Bunbury reduced the deficit in the second term, before the home side kicked four goals to one in the third.

Lee Lucev (four) and Kieran Hug (three) shined in the Dons' 36-point win.

Following Landmark Round, all 10 teams will return to the field later this month for Round 13.