The Busselton Ladies' Gold Club has a new club champion after it held its recent championship comprising of two qualifying stroke rounds and match play finals.
Marion Fraser took the honours ahead of last year's champion Sharon Koch winning 5/4 on the 32nd hole.
The 36-hole Champion Final was battled out between nine-times winner Koch and Fraser, who was edged out by just one stroke in last year's championship.
Koch took the lead on hole one but was matched on the next hole by Fraser, who then jumped to an early lead of five holes up at the halfway mark.
Despite a few jitters in the second half, Fraser steadied and did not allow Koch back in to come out victor on the 32nd hole.
Fraser is now on the Ladies' Club Champion Honour Board for the first time.
Other results included:
- Silver Winner: Jenny Kay 2/1, Runner up: Carole Mole
- Bronze Winner: Jane Gearing 21st hole, Runner up: Pam Glossop
- Pewter Winner: Peta Tearle 3/2, Runner up: Kay Slattery
- Quartz Winner: Marg Holmes 2/1, Runner up: Vicki Teede.
- The 36 hole nett winner: Effie Malone, Runner up: Dale Morgan
- Vet nett winner: Laurel Stone
- Super vet nett winner: Dianne Cumbers
The nine hole Champion was Jill Reilly and runner-up Lois Butcher.
Thanks to all the ladies participating in this successful event and to the sponsors, Cape to Cape Insurance and the Busselton Dunsborough Mail.