Vasse Primary School was packed with art enthusiasts on April 3 for the opening night of the annual Bendigo Bank Vasse Art Award.
The exhibition was curated by Brenda Ellen and Dellas Bennell, Karen Morgan, Steve Tribbeck judged the artwork.
The trio had the hard job of picking winners for the six different categories.
There was also a silent auction and people were able to place their vote for the People's Choice award.
People can still go and see the exhibition until Saturday April 10.
The opening night included a presentation of the winners which were:
- First Prize - $8,000 Sponsored by Event Partners Vasse Development & Bendigo Bank. Winner: Josh Windram "Everlong" Acrylic on Canvas $3,200
- Second Prize - $2,000 Sponsored by Vasse Development & Bendigo Bank. Winner: Peter Allpress "Between Loss & Life" White charcoal/pastel on sanded pastel paper $1,000
- Indigenous Prize $1,000 Sponsored by Leeuwin Civil. Winner: Cassandra Bynder "Luminescence" Mixed Media on canvas panel $760
- The Timothee Vasse Art Prize $750 Sponsored by One Palm Studio. Winner: Arna Sternberg "Carotene Blush" Photographic print on textured paper. $350
- Homegrown Art Prize $500 Sponsored by Ben Ryan Building Lifestyle. Winner: Sarah Malone "Delta Plains 1" Mixed media on Canvas $1,950
- Highly Commended $250 Sponsored by Vasse Automotive. Winner: Linda Fardoe "Troubled Waters" Archival ink on Canson Paper $2,300
- High Commended $250 Sponsored by Vasse Panel & Paint. Winner: Ryan Andrew Lee "Wonnarua, 2019" Cinema/Video installation. $15,000
The People's Choice winner and the student's choice winner are yet to be announced.