The 2021 Busselton Ladies' Golf Club Championships were held recently, comprising two qualifying stroke rounds and Matchplay finals.
This year there were five divisions and a nine-hole event.
The 36-hole Champion Final was battled out between 10-times winner and defending Champion, Sharon Koch and Ladies Captain, Jill Hibben.
The match was extremely hard fought, with Sharon having an early lead of three holes at one stage, but Jill managing to square up after the first 18 holes.
The match progressed with the lead alternating until the 35th hole when Jill sank a fine putt to make it all square, setting up for a tense and exciting last hole.
It all came down to the final putts, with Jill sinking a long winning putt, claiming the match.
Participants and onlookers were entertained during the round with a playful fox first stealing Jill's ball on the 12th hole then doing antics to demand attention and provide light relief for a while.
Congratulations to Jill, who is now on the Busselton Ladies' Club Champion Honour Board for the first time, to add to her four times as champion at Royal Fremantle in the 1980s.
Other results were:
- Championship Plate Winner: Judi Sutcliffe, Runner up: Merylin Tarr
- Championship Nett Winner: Di Sanderson, Runner up: Penny Kingdon
- B-Grade Winner: Jan Espinos, Runner up: Peta Tearle
- B-Grade Plate winner: Pam Glossop, Runner up: Vicki Frost
- C-Grade winner: Di Cumbers, Runner up: Kay Slattery
- 9 hole Champion: Cheryl Watson, Runner up: Wendy Gulberti