A fire in Dunsborough has been downgraded after some residents evacuated.

City of Busselton community emergency services manager Blake Moore gave an update on the Dunsborough fire at a community meeting. Picture: City of Busselton.
City of Busselton community emergency services manager Blake Moore gave an update on the Dunsborough fire at a community meeting. Picture: City of Busselton.

The Department of Fire and Emergency Services has updated information on the Dunsborough fire, which started on Monday night and caused hundreds to evacuate.

At 7.30am this morning DFES announced that bushfire Watch and Act is now in place for people in Eagle Bay, Meelup Regional Park and in the area bounded by Cape Naturaliste Road to the west and Dunsbourough Golf Club to the south.

This area was downgraded from a previous Emergency alert, however DFES warn there is still a possible threat to lives and homes as conditions may change.

An All Clear advice is in place for people south of Caves Road in parts of Quedjinup, Yallingup and Naturaliste.

Hundreds of people were escorted out of Bunker Bay and Eagle at 4pm yesterday in an optional evacuation.

194 vehicles were escorted from the community safe point in Bunker Bay, and 136 vehicles from the safe point in Eagle Bay.

Authorities are unable to provide the exact number of people at this time.

Previously:

At a community meeting on Tuesday afternoon, City of Busselton community emergency services manager Blake Moore said the fire had now burnt 220 hectares, was uncontrolled and uncontained.

He said no properties had been lost, but authorities expected a wind change would put more pressure on the northern side.

An emergency warning remains in place for Eagle Bay, and Bunker Bay is currently on Watch and Act alert.

Both areas are isolated with access in and out of these areas closed, however police and Department of Fire and Emergency Service (DFES) have organised optional assisted evacuations from these areas.

They have established community safe points at Eagle Bay Community Hall on Fern Road, and Pullman Bunker Bay Resort.

Residents and tourists who wish to leave the areas, can meet police at the community safe points from 3:30pm Tuesday, to be safely evacuated with a convoy at 4pm.

Evacuees will be able to come to the evacuation centre at Geographe Leisure Centre, where they will be urged to register with the Department of Communities as soon as possible.

The Centre has showers, toiletries and food available, however evacuees are also encouraged to stay with family and friends if that suits their situation better.

Mr Moore said emergency crews worked hard over night to save some residential properties from being destroyed by the fire.

An emergency warning is also in place for Meelup regional park, and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions parks north of Yallingup are closed.