In 2019, the team at Computer West were happy to hear that their application to become a Department of Education and Training integrator was approved.
The team are looking forward to providing more products, services and support to businesses and education institutions than ever before.
- Integrator services
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) setup and ad-hoc or ongoing services as well as coinciding assistance with DEP and VPP matters
- Procurement of the latest products, whether bulk purchases or individual orders, including ranges from Apple, HP, Microsoft, PC Locs, Epson and many more
- STEAM products - Curriculum-based learning tools including Sphero, Makerbot and LittleBits
- Digital Signage with a variety of great options, including indoor HD signage and video walls, outdoor high-brightness displays, 10-point multitouch screens, and stretch 'envelope' displays.
- The buyback program - Trade-in old device(s) for store credit to use towards purchasing new equipment
- Insurance quotes on broken or damaged equipment to assist with making a claim
- BYOD purchasing portals for parents tailored to the particular products a school requires
"Our vision is to introduce and integrate contemporary IT solutions into the fundamental infrastructures of schools in the South West and further afield, with local support for teachers, students and parents," Computer West managing director Keith Poole said.
"Our business has changed many times over the years, developing with the town, the industry, the people and the products."
"Where we are now we are proud of, but we will continue to strive to improve all aspects of what we do and always value any feedback from our customers."
Did you know that schools and businesses can lease their equipment?
There are many benefits to finance options that result in life cycle management including maintaining up to date equipment, predictable expenses, budget forecasting and no upfront capital costs.
This advertising feature is sponsored by the following business. Click the link to learn more.
On the topic of businesses, CW can provide everything a business or organisation requires to operate as well as ad-hoc support and ongoing maintenance contracts.
These services are specifically tailored to suit the unique environment and requirements of each site and include:
- Computers, tablets, phones and all the peripherals
- Assistance with internet and NBN services as well as corresponding network equipment
- Security appliances, providing firewall, user content filtering, virus scanning, and intrusion prevention
- Layer 2+ switches, providing access rules, network isolation (VLANs), cable statistics and diagnostics, link aggregation for higher throughput and redundancy
- Unified wireless networks, allowing multiple access points to work together to provide complete and seamless wireless coverage
- Threat prevention in the form of the most enhanced antivirus and endpoint security we can find, Webroot and Avast
- Point of Sale (POS) infrastructures and accounting solutions such as Vend, Kounta, Xero and Tyro
- Cloud services such as Microsoft Office 365 implementation and migration
- Onsite and offsite backup solutions
- Managed support agreements (MSAs) for ongoing maintenance services, providing unlimited onsite, remote and phone support on chosen devices/solutions between a specified timeframe (usually standard business hours)
- Prepaid labour (at discounted rates), secure remote access (SRA) for users to their site, warranty repairs and professional training
"We also like to maintain a local presence and support the community, therefore, we sponsor and support a number of organisations and causes, including the Busselton Jetty, the Busselton Surf Life Saving Club, and the Busselton Festival," Keith said.
"We participated in Relay for Life 2019 to raise funds for the Cancer Council WA and our team raised in excess of $5000 for this worthwhile cause."
"These events not only build team spirit and community engagement, but you meet some of the most selfless, dedicated and friendly people in town."
"The CW Soldiers will be seen again in 2021 so keep an eye out for our fundraising events."