House of the Week
4 BED | 3 BATH | 2 CAR
- Address: 2 Hogan Place, Witchliffe
- Price: $695,000
- Agency: ACTON South West - Margaret River
- Contact: Beth Sibon
- Inspect: 0418 937 438
Built in 2017 this hemp construction is the first of its kind in WA.
The home has three bedrooms plus a study or fourth bedroom, three bathrooms, three toilets, a galley kitchen, a dining room, a sunken living room and a laundry.
Each bedroom has its own ensuite bathroom and external access.
It is set on a rural residential property in Witchcliffe with a lovely treed backdrop and is just 8 kilometres from the sparkling waters of Redgate Beach.
A lot of time and investment has gone into environmentally sustainable and energy-efficient technologies in the building process such as:
- 200mm solid hempcrete wall with internal timber frame
- Magnesium oxide flooring system (Supaboard)
- State of the art solar evacuated tube and combustion stove heated hot water system with electric booster.
- Vegetable and mineral hemp wall sealers
- Burnish rendered with pure lime (Rockcote) and natural silica
- Wool insulated eaves with ip65 external downlights
The property is fully fenced with stands of Marri and has an orchard consisting of olives, apples, figs, Valencia oranges, lemons, limes, mandarins, peaches, cherries, pears, mulberries, satsuma plums, lilly pillies and apricots.
There are two large efficient wicking beds, a semi-circular rock fire pit and a brand new 6x8m high bay Colorbond shed with a skillion roof.
Hemp is such a wonderful building product providing beautiful soft acoustics with amazing thermal characteristics.
This house is definitely a one of a kind, an inspection is a must to discover everything on offer here.
Ready to make the move?
This handy map of open home times will help your search.