Former Busselton resident Sid Breeden is chasing photos of the old Sussex Road Board building in Busselton.
The building is now the old youth and community centre on the corner of the Bussell Highway and High Street and underwent a transformation covering its grand old facade at some point in the past.
Mr Breeden has managed to dig up a 73 year old photo thanks to David Powell, whose father was a long time Sussex Road Board secretary Les Powell.
The Sussex Road Board was formed after the Sussex Road District was gazetted on January 25, 1871, it was the name given to the Busselton region and surrounding areas.
According to the State Records Office of WA, the board held its first election on February 25, 1871
The district covered an area spanning from Forest Grove, Jarrahwood, Busselton, Dunsborough, Margaret River, Augusta and everywhere in between, and used to be known as Sussex Land District or Sussex County.
Busselon’s old namesake has become particularly relevant of late because the region was originally named in honour of Prince Augustus Frederick, the Duke of Sussex.
The namesake of newlywed Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Mr Breeden said it would be fantastic if anyone had a photograph showing the front of the building when it was used as the Sussex Road Board from 1936 to 1951.
“Also does anyone know where the Sussex Road Board offices were from 1871 to 1936?” he asked.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.